Key differences include:
- Rebel ES LEDs have a 70% (L70) lumen maintenance rating at 50,000 hours of operation at 1000 mA
- Rebel LEDs have a 70% (L70) lumen maintenance rating at 50,000 hours of operation up to 700 mA
- Rebel ES LEDs are tested and binned at 700mA
- Rebel LEDs are tested and binned at 350mA
- The Lumens output for Rebel ES LEDs is slightly higher than standard Rebel LEDs
- Rebel ES LEDs typically have a higher efficacy rating (lumens per watt) than standard Rebels
Overall, the Rebel ES is a higher performing LED and is generally recommended for all new designs.